Pollination, the collection phase of ZeroLandfill has begun! ZeroLandfill asks for the donation of discontinued, expired or unused samples from designer libraries. A few tips for donation are listed below.
- Please sort items by type in boxes with your firm/organization name clearly marked.
- If possible, remove binders and/or backing and recycle prior to drop off.
- Please DO NOT include paper, product catalogs or tip cards.
Donated materials may be dropped off at Pental Surfaces Denver Showroom only during the scheduled collection times – Between 2 PM and 4:30 PM on the following Fridays: March 17, 24, 31 and April 7, 14. See our ZeroLandfill page for more about the program volunteer opportunities and donations!
April 25, 2017 – April 25, 2017
3000 Lawrence St.
Join WiD as we present eight speakers from various backgrounds to discuss emerging trends and topics facing Denver’s urban growth. Stay tuned for a list of presenters!
Register by April 21st and save $5! Members make sure to log into your account to receive your membership discount.
Interested in sponsorship? Email email@example.com for more information.
February 28, 2017 – February 28, 2017
3350 Brighton Blvd
Join the Membership Committee and meet other new
members. Wake up with a cup of joe and get your
questions answered. Please RSVP by Feb. 27th
You must login to your WiD account first in order to RSVP.
About the Program:
- Firms will bring Discontinued, expired or unused samples only form their Designer library. No paper or product catalogs or tip cards allowed.
- Sort items by type in boxes with firm/organization name clearly marked
- If possible, remove binders and/or backing and recycle at your home or workplace.
Host Site Space Requirements:
1. Warehouse room or a space to house collections of outdated/discontinued materials (100 s.f. min. is ideal) This can be short term (4-6 weeks) 2-4 times a year
- OR A permanent space so the collections can be collected and managed all year long from designers. We still plan to only have 2-4 Harvest days open to the public (unless a site is open to letting people collect at any time.)
- OR Parking spaces in an exterior lot or along a building for a storage container (8’x48’ standard shipping container)
2. Parking for public during Harvest days. 10+ cars ideal
3. Accessibility to one designated person in charge
4. Room for staging space in or near the storage for Sorting and weighing
1. Designate space full time so that collections can be taken and sorted all year. (scheduled by a volunteer)
2. Above warehouse space plus use of box pallets and a fork lift.
3. Access to a parking lot so public can remain outside during Harvest days.
- Give money as Primary Sponsor $500 (logo on all print)
- Donate money for items needed (i.e.: storage container, tools, gloves, events…)
- Sponsor a Cultivate/Harvest day by providing food and beverages (Event coverage and product display)
- Core team volunteer (committee on WiD steering committee)
- Volunteer for sorting or Harvest days
- Produce up-cycled items as examples to share with the public
- Want to be notified of Harvest (collection) days only
- Material Accountability volunteer (meet people at collection site as needed)
- Social Media Outreach (manage Facebook, Twitter accounts and more)
My name is Kristina Schock and I am a new student member of WID. I recently attended an event and was inspired to become a building block of an already great community you have built for women.
As a senior studying Industrial Design at Metropolitan State University of Denver, I will be displaying works with my graduating class this December. This event is a great chance to network for the 3 women that will be displaying products they designed and developed during their time in our program. The event is open to the public and free. There will be 13 designers in total displaying a variety of products from automotive and furniture to housewares and soft goods. There will be an open bar (beer and wine) and light snacks, as well as a few food trucks at the event.
Please help us spread the word among design professionals for our show. I look forward to growing our community together.
MSU Denver Senior Industrial Design Exhibition
12.17.16 | 4pm-10pm
4301 Claude Court, Denver, CO, United States
IDSA Student Chapter Senior Liason
Metropolitan State University of Denver