About the Program:
- Firms will bring Discontinued, expired or unused samples only form their Designer library. No paper or product catalogs or tip cards allowed.
- Sort items by type in boxes with firm/organization name clearly marked
- If possible, remove binders and/or backing and recycle at your home or workplace.
Host Site Space Requirements:
1. Warehouse room or a space to house collections of outdated/discontinued materials (100 s.f. min. is ideal) This can be short term (4-6 weeks) 2-4 times a year
- OR A permanent space so the collections can be collected and managed all year long from designers. We still plan to only have 2-4 Harvest days open to the public (unless a site is open to letting people collect at any time.)
- OR Parking spaces in an exterior lot or along a building for a storage container (8’x48’ standard shipping container)
2. Parking for public during Harvest days. 10+ cars ideal
3. Accessibility to one designated person in charge
4. Room for staging space in or near the storage for Sorting and weighing
1. Designate space full time so that collections can be taken and sorted all year. (scheduled by a volunteer)
2. Above warehouse space plus use of box pallets and a fork lift.
3. Access to a parking lot so public can remain outside during Harvest days.
- Give money as Primary Sponsor $500 (logo on all print)
- Donate money for items needed (i.e.: storage container, tools, gloves, events…)
- Sponsor a Cultivate/Harvest day by providing food and beverages (Event coverage and product display)
- Core team volunteer (committee on WiD steering committee)
- Volunteer for sorting or Harvest days
- Produce up-cycled items as examples to share with the public
- Want to be notified of Harvest (collection) days only
- Material Accountability volunteer (meet people at collection site as needed)
- Social Media Outreach (manage Facebook, Twitter accounts and more)